AI is the new electricity: Just as electricity transformed numerous industries starting 100 years ago, AI is now poised to do the same. The AI Fund, led by Andrew Ng, is building companies that will use AI to transform every type of industry, and improve human life.
You will be building the teams that will do this work.
Specifically, as our Director of Talent, you will be responsible for the AI Fund’s talent strategy and execution. You will be responsible not only for building up the AI Fund’s internal team, but also for building up novel scalable systems and processes to help multiple portfolio companies hire for key roles and build up their own recruiting teams. You will do this by leveraging our team’s unique resources, including our strong reputation and unique communication channels with the global AI community.
Here’s what you will do:
- Lead the AI Fund’s internal hiring, and thereby accelerate the building out of the AI Fund’s team. This includes both hiring for senior executive rules, as well as more junior technical and non-technical roles.
- Build and manage a recruiting team of approximately 2-3 persons to support all of this work.
- By effectively leveraging the AI Fund’s unique resources as well as our affiliated companies, such as deeplearning.ai, develop a talent strategy to support the recruiting needs of both the AI Fund and our portfolio companies.
- Working with the AI Fund leadership, develop scalable systems and processes to help our portfolio companies (i) recruit for key roles, (ii) develop their own talent function.
- Provide training and advice to portfolio companies’ leadership and to their talent function to ensure they meet a high standard of excellence on all matters relating to recruiting.
- Help the AI Fund and our portfolio companies with employer branding.
- Continuously adapt our strategies even as the field of AI and the talent ecosystem continues to evolve.
Here’s the background you should have:
- Deep expertise with full-cycle recruiting (ideally >5 years), ranging from sourcing to interviewing to closing.
- You must be a first principles thinker, able to think strategically about a novel situation (such as the AI Fund’s) and develop unique strategies and tactics suitable for our needs as well as unique resources.
- Able to think in terms of operations and systems, and able to design scalable processes for recruiting.
- Familiarity with data and metrics-driven approaches to recruiting,
- Familiarity with modern recruiting tools, including ATS and applicant sourcing tools.
- Clear thinker and communicator, able to advise our portfolio companies on their recruiting functions.
- Ability to build and manage a team.
- Experience with both executive recruiting as well as recruiting for more junior roles.
- Able to develop and drive employer branding.
- We do not require, but would consider it a plus, to have experience recruiting globally, particularly in China and/or in South America.
We hope you will fit well with our team’s culture:
- Strong work ethic: All of us believe in our work’s ability to change human lives, and consequently work not just smart, but also hard.
- Growth mindset: We are eager to teach you new skills and invest in your continual development. But learning is hard work, so this is something we hope you’ll want to do.
- Good team member: We care and watch out for each other. We’re humble individually, and go after big goals together.
- Flexibility: Since we’re an early stage company, you should be flexible in your tasks and do whatever is needed.
This is a full-time position based in or around Palo Alto, California. You must already have, or be able to obtain, authorization to work in the United States.